There are 24 owner complaints spread out over 8 years, but the most belong to the 1994.
This generation ranks 17th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 16 times. It's also part of 22 investigations and has 173 TSBs.
- engine head gasket failure in the 1994 Shadow at 148340 miles
- cooling system fan won't kick on when starting to run hot in the 1988 Shadow at 56000 miles
- engine loss of power in the 1993 Shadow at 75000 miles
- transmission hesitates when accelerating in the 1991 Shadow at 67000 miles
- clutch clutch stuck in second gear in the 1990 Shadow at 69000 miles
- electrical will not start in the 1990 Shadow at 99000 miles