There are 494 owner complaints spread out over 9 years, but the most belong to the 2001.
This generation ranks 30th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 138 times. It's also part of 80 investigations and has 881 TSBs.
- accessories - interior crack in the dashboard in the 2001 Ram 2500 at 101870 miles
- accessories - interior cracked dash in the 1997 Ram 2500 at 118875 miles
- accessories - interior cracked dashboard in the 2000 Ram 2500 at 101430 miles
- fuel system fuel injection pump failure in the 1999 Ram 2500 at 138687 miles
- electrical will not start in the 1999 Ram 2500 at 45000 miles
- engine cracked engine block in the 1999 Ram 2500 at 139667 miles