There are 2029 owner complaints spread out over 8 years, but the most belong to the 2001.
This generation ranks 47th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 130 times. It's also part of 71 investigations and has 808 TSBs.
- accessories - interior dashboard cracked in the 1999 Ram 1500 at 94757 miles
- transmission blown transmission in the 1996 Ram 1500 at 123331 miles
- accessories - interior multiple cracks suddenly appeared in my dash in the 1996 Ram 1500 at 115580 miles
- accessories - interior cracked dashboard in the 1997 Ram 1500 at 88542 miles
- body / paint paint is peeling in the 1997 Ram 1500 at 109046 miles
- engine blown engine in the 1996 Ram 1500 at 134703 miles