There are 434 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 38th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 41 times. It's also part of 21 investigations and has 197 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 2002 Neon at 92640 miles
- cooling system radiator blew, letting anti-freeze into transmission in the 2004 Neon at 79320 miles
- transmission gears not catching in the 2004 Neon at 82750 miles
- engine engine will not start in the 2005 Neon at 81282 miles
- engine check engine light is on in the 2003 Neon at 54800 miles
- engine engine runs roughly, misfires in the 2005 Neon at 75613 miles