There are 215 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 34th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 31 times. It's also part of 690 investigations and has 77 TSBs.
- engine rods thrown through oil pan in the 2005 Dakota at 54333 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2006 Dakota at 71333 miles
- brakes shakes on the highway in the 2005 Dakota at 57667 miles
- transmission transmission makes noise and shakes in the 2006 Dakota at 40000 miles
- steering noise when turning in the 2005 Dakota at 49667 miles
- suspension Ball joint failure in the 2007 Dakota at 53218 miles