There are 72 owner complaints spread out over 10 years, but the most belong to the 1994.
This generation ranks 22nd in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 24 times. It's also part of 14 investigations and has 215 TSBs.
- body / paint paint peeling in the 1994 Dakota at 78742 miles
- engine engine stutters and stalls in the 1995 Dakota at 128750 miles
- transmission transmission slips in the 1994 Dakota at 157000 miles
- wheels / hubs premature tire wear in the 1994 Dakota at 164000 miles
- body / paint paint chips on front corner of box in the 1992 Dakota at 0 miles
- engine engine was leaking oil in the 1987 Dakota at 199000 miles